Saturday, October 08, 2005

Getting to Know You. Getting to Learn All About You.

Elly finished up her Mtigwaki pow-wow sequence and Howard did a snark covering the whole thing too. I find that sometimes it is easier to snark about a storyline once it is completed, than it is to do the day-by-day snarking. When I first introduced Howard to April’s Real Blog, there were all these venues for snark from recent storylines. I would move Howard to the venue by some means and then snark on the situation as a whole. Sometimes I would do it piecemeal, putting out a bit at a time and then letting other ARB posters lead me to where my next piece of snark would be, and then other times, I would just tell a long story.

Now that Howard’s been around awhile in the ARB (going on 3 months. Can you believe it?), those stories have been exhausted. Howard has lost a lot of his innocence in the ARB and can no longer play off the idea that there is some erratic behaviour from someone he has never met. So Howard has been stuck with just the day-by-day snark. For me that type of snark is a lot harder to do. You really start focusing on very small things, a choice of words here or a gesture there, and it is difficult to turn that into a full-fledged snark. That being said, I should mention that aprilp_katje has been doing that every day for 5 months. I am amazed at how consistent she is in producing good quality snark of the day-by-day variety.

Constable Paul Wright reappeared in the Saturday strip. I cannot tell if Lynn is about to jump into the Paul / Liz love story or if his line about “I’ll soon have a few days off” means that we won’t see him again possibly until December. I am going to be gone starting Monday to go to Disneyland, so if Paul / Liz starts up, I won’t be there to start the posting of Paul with schmoosie as Liz. So, I hope it will be a little later. Actually not as late as December, but who knows? We haven’t seen Mike and Dee in the daily strips since early June, so it is possible.

Yesterday, I actually posted more times as Jeremy than I did as Howard. My policy with Jeremy is to only post as him, if someone mentions him, or he just flat out has to snark. I have no plans for Jeremy, while I am Disneylanding. Howard, however, is a different story. I plan to leave him on a cliff-hanger, just before I depart. qnjones suggested I take Howard to Disneyland, but since Canada had a hard time allowing Martha Stewart to visit because of her criminal background, I doubt they would let Howard leave the country for Disneyland.

4 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

schmoosie. I guess what I was trying to say was that some of the long post stories that were the hallmark of Howard posting may only occur after a storyline has been completed. I love posting with the schmoo as my partner, so I will be glad to fill in any holes I see. I hope you can get some rest though.

6:44 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Thanks for the kind words about my daily snark. Sometimes I feel a bit drab and workhorsey about it, so it feels good to see this compliment. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing what develops with the Brenda Starr story. I'm fairly well versed in conspiracy/paranoia lit, as Thomas Pynchon is one of my particular favorites.

8:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

aprilp_katje,

Well schmoosie did have Brenda Starr say that she specifically wanted to meet April Patterson. That sounded like an invitation for you to get some April conspiracy/paranoia going.

9:08 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Ah, I did notice that. April's a little shy about jumping in since Becky was so very insistent about meeting with Brenda alone before they proceed. :)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home