Thursday, October 05, 2006

And Then There's Shannon Part I

On today's For Better or For Worse, Shannon Lake comes into save the day. Shannon's appearance seems to draw to a close tomorrow, so my guess is Saturday, April will make some sort of concluding statement about Grandpa Jim. A few notes:

The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman did 3 reunion movies, most of which were intended to spawn bionic series start-ups, but it never took. The only one I remember seeing was the one where they got married. Those series were very popular when I was in high school, and I was a devoted fan of both series. Today's sequence with qnjones was a nice trip down memory lane.

The quotes from Constable Paul Wright were not completely accurate. The 40% of aboriginal children with a learning disability is really children from the Yukon. The hearing problem statistic is from reservation children in both Northern and Southern Ontario, not just Ojibway in particular.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

The bionic exchanges were great fun. I remember doing the very slow run, with music and sounds effects, with my brother as a kid-"Look, we're BIONIC! We're running REALLY FAST!"

Dah-nah-nah-NAH! (cha-cha-cha) [slow run] Dah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-nah [slow leap]

Good times. :)

3:56 AM  
Blogger howard said...

A favourite game for kids across America. I played the same game too.

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home