Monday, July 24, 2006

Missing

I had a fun time with the For Better or For Worse strip today. Elizabeth made such an easy target with her repeated “I miss” sentences. The monthly letters and the strip were full of the word from Elizabeth. It is what she does best. Constable Paul Wright just started down the list of everything she missed. The monthly letters discussed at length, Elizabeth taking early morning walks by the lake to watch the sunrise, and not the sunset. In the monthly letters, Elizabeth loves the native teasing style of humour, but strip Elizabeth always seemed to hate it, even when Jesse Mukwa zinged her with the Ojibway Lizard Breath reference, which I thought was somewhat amusing. I also had the good constable take advantage of research done by the_berserker on Mississauga education, and Liz’s lack of qualifications for the job.

Judging from tomorrow’s strip, that little hug from Elly is all Elizabeth needs to feel better and she is on her way to getting back to her actual true goal of her trip to Mississauga, which is to buy that car and get back together with Anthony Caine. I predict we will see Anthony Caine before the end of the week, as fast as this strip is moving. Considering that Elizabeth spent the last week fantasizing about Paul, I am looking forward to Anthony’s arrival. His appearance and Liz’s reaction to it will be the true test of their future together. Bring it on!

6 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Yup, I guess we have to get this "Anthony" stuff over with. Anthony. Ew.

4:12 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I have been looking forward to the reunion with Anthony for almost a year now. That was when I started posted at ARB. I hope Lynn will finally reveal how Liz answered his request to wait for him. And maybe, just maybe, Howard will be mentioned again.

3:56 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Aw, but I'm certain what we saw WAS her answer. (The gobsmacked, traumatized look.) But yeah, I know we've been through this all before. :)

5:10 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I love Liz and Anthony. If there is anything that gets FBoFW readers stirred up, it is the hamfisted way those two are handled. It is a snarkfeast and long overdue, particularly considering I felt robbed when it didn't happen over the Christmas holidays.

5:16 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Plus we get eeknight goodness. :)

6:04 PM  
Blogger howard said...

eeknight is extremely funny, and I would be delighted if he posted again. I think we are going to get a lot of Anthony over the next year, and eeknight is just the person to tear him up.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home