Monday, July 24, 2006

Back from Boy Scout Camp

I am back from Boy Scout camp in lovely Camp Lawton on Mt. Lemmon in Arizona. My boy had a reasonably good time, despite the fact he smashed his glasses, and we experienced hail and a lot of rain. I however, did not have as much fun, as I found myself forced into a scoutmaster role, taking care of 3 other kids, whose parents dropped them at the camp, expected camp staff people to take care of them, and the camp staff people expected me to take care of them. It was a long and rough week.

Back in For Better or For Worse, the story shifted gears mid-week from Mike to Elizabeth, and really wish that Constable Paul Wright had been around to comment. Elizabeth's portrayal in the strip is really starting to confuse me. In Liz's May monthly letter, she commented about a job following the Mississauga one in Markham, but it has not been mentioned since, so I am starting to get suspicious that she may actually leave to go back to Mtigwaki. However, I will reserve judgment until Liz gets that car and sees Anthony as the consequence. If the mere sight of Anthony causes Liz to settle down and sleep well, then we will know where things are going.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Wouldn't it be nice if Lynn proved us all wrong and had Liz return to the north and Paul? But I'm not holding my breath. Seeing GrAnthony while she car-shops will most likely cure what ails her.

3:25 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Liz's Letter, July 2006
I feel like I've been pushed through a sausage grinder. I know this feeling will pass, and I'm excited to be here,

I think a few wise words from Elly and Liz's prediction will come true. Elly has been doing a lot of the "sage advice to my children" thing lately with Mike's book, now Liz's career. Watch out! April is going to be next! This is, of course, assuming that Elly remembers April exists sometime before she ships her out of town in August.

I would be very pleasantly surprised if Lynn turned this into a "Liz learns where she really wants to be and it's the Northwest" thing. But the thought comment from Paul about not trying too hard to transfer to Toronto, the impending car purchase and meet with newly separated Anthony, the extraordinarily friendly greeting between Chipper and Suds all spell disaster for that idea.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home