Friday, June 09, 2006

This Death Talk is Sucking the Life Out of My Snark

I just couldn’t do another day of Elly and John planning their funeral. greytail088 popped up as Vicki Simone and it was like a breath of fresh air, to have someone else snarking the strip, aside from me and aprilp_katje. And also susannamoodie showed up with a new Zandra Larson spot, which is good too, but the interaction there is a lot slower, since Zandra only posts once a day. I have not gotten my characters to the point where it would be comfortable for them to admit that they read Zandra’s blog, and hints I have dropped to move my character of Jeremy Jones in that direction have utterly failed to attract attention. It is probably not meant to be. I had Jeremy Jones drop a whole pile of possible storylines for Zandra and 1 for Vicki and we will see where it goes. I actually do have tickets to see a sneak preview of Nacho Libre, the new Jack Black movie, but they are not until Tuesday. So, I can tell you what I think of the movie after that point.

Tomorrow, I do my last FOOBiverse’s Journal writeup for the Sunday colour strip and then (unless cookie77 tells me differently), qnjones will take over until cookie77 comes back from vacation. I am looking forward to what qnjones will do with it, and the panel-by-panel style that cookie77 prefers. I have family vacation times coming up soon, so it is necessary for me to hand it off. This week has been mind-numbingly awful to snark and I can only hope for qnjones’ sake, and for my own, that Saturday’s strip is the last one we will see on burial-planning for a long, long time.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

So, so ready for this so-called story arc to be over and done with!

I'm sure U noticed I've also set up a possible storyline for Zandra and co. :)

4:27 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I have noticed it, and I had Mike react to it one time.

There are many ways Lynn Johnston could have handled this material and made it interesting, but I think she would have had to get Elly and John out of the kitchen and actually go to a cemetery, preferably with April in tow. Or...someone they knew could have died, and they could discuss it after attending their funeral. Or... they could visit Grandma Marian's grave and talk about the things she didn't do.

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home