Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Elly is Worried About Age Instead of Fat

I know we have previously seen Elly not get upset over Senior’s discounts, but now it appears times have changed. According to the website, Elly was born on August 26, 1951, so her 55th birthday is rapidly approaching. Where I live, Senior’s discounts don’t occur until you are 65 years old, but as has been established very clearly, in Milborough people retire pretty early. Steve Nichols and Greg Thomas are both long since retired, and they are supposedly around Elly and John’s ages. I would think Elly would be more concerned about looking 55 when she was years younger than 55, not when she was 2 months away from it. I wonder if they are going to do 55 flamingos in the yard? Snarkwise, this was a difficult one. None of my characters has direct access to a coffee shop conversation with Moira and Elly, so I worked with what I could. Tomorrow’s strip is funnier than today’s strip, but it bears the same difficulties in snarking through other character’s references.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Hm, well, they walk past a flower shop. Maybe the florist will stop in for a shamp-OH and share some goss? ;)

4:17 AM  
Blogger howard said...

That's a possibility. I will have to think about it.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home