Friday, June 02, 2006

June Monthly Letters

Today’s monthly letter did a significant retcon of the way Liz has been portrayed in the strip with Paul. The letters show her sympathetic for what she asked him to do, the letters have her say she loves Paul. The letters ditched Markham for the permanent job, and say she is going to hunt around for a job. I think they are desperately trying to make Liz look sympathetic and not foolish, so when Constable Paul Wright pulls the plug on the relationship, he will seem like the inflexible Northwesterner.

This morning I got up early to do my morning posting on April’s Real Blog, only to find my boy had beaten me to the computer. Since there is no interaction with other posters until aprilp_katje gets home from work, it doesn’t really matter when I get those in. Between that and my actual paying job and having to produce the mid-day FOOBiverse Journal entry for the June monthly letters, I didn’t get there until after aprilp_katje wrote in her worm post. It was a busy day.

Tomorrow’s strip: Jesse goes silent. The people rejoice. I am not sure how Liz can resolve all Jesse’s problems and make a clean break from Mtigwaki in Saturday’s strip. I fear this one may continue through next week. Liz is a minor goddess in Mtigwaki, so I am sure there will be many people testifying how wonderful she is when she departs and that may take all next week. I hope not though.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I want them to have the Ojibway equivalent to the "airing of grievances" in Frank Castanza's Festivus celebration (Seinfeld)! ;)

4:19 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Two rituals — accusing others of being a disappointment and wrestling — are traditions of Festivus as explained on the show by the character Frank Costanza.

1. You never learned Ojibway.
2. You never taught me. You only taught Jesse Mukwa.
3. You never should have brought your mother here.
4. You don't pull porcupine quills with pliers.
5. You never left your apartment except to teach.

Is that what you mean?

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home