Wednesday, March 08, 2006

April the Bitchy Complainer Part III

There was not a lot to do with today’s strip. April complains about Connie to her friends and gets a little sympathy for some legitimate complaints. Gerald and Duncan were there, so they would snark well for the people posting for those 2 characters. My characters were not present.

Jeremy made a comment about April’s slobbering food all over herself when she eats, which I was quite surprised to see drawn in the strip. Howard spoke about why it is that Connie might repeat herself to be heard (too many conversations with Elly) and the Constable Paul Wright told a story that related to the dialogue of the strip except twisted around. Then I got bored and went brain dead. What else can I do with this freaking strip?

Well, I decided to resort to the old standby, snarking the strip with characters from other strips. I tried to use characters I had not used before, to make things interesting for me. After a few of those, I got bored again and that was it for the day.

Tomorrow’s strip: Oh My God. We really are going to devote the entire week to April in a bad mood about Connie. Not only that, but the worst art I have seen in the strip since the April got the zits and reverted to 8 years old and was rocked by her mother.

6 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Maybe Mt. Foob's trying to make us yearn for a travelogue? Awful arc this week. Sorry I didn't post more yesterday. It was my son's birthday (3 years old!), so I was otherwise occupied! :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Happy birthday to your son. What did Adrianne call him, Gerald? 3 is a good time for a birthday. You're old enough to appreciate what it's about and just greedy enough to be excited about it. Did you do a party with a gaggle of 3 year olds?

8:33 AM  
Blogger howard said...

But Baja is on the other side of Mexico from Cancun. Plus the new strips have been recycling old strip gags like mad lately, like today's strip for example. You should never underestimate the Lynnmates ability to do the same thing they have done before.

Bring on the travelogue! It can't be worse than April in a bad mood for a week or longer.

10:04 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Howard, yes, "Gerald" was Adrianne's pseudonym for my son, but she decided to switch it to "Jeremy." Neither is his actual name. :)

We didn't do a party. But my mom came up for the day (and stayed overnight--very exciting for my son!), and we went to our state museum, which has an antique carousel you can ride over and over. It's a hundred years old. We did two spins on the carousel, and then my son was ready for the café, where his grandmother treated us to lunch. He could continue watching the carousel from the café, and that was almost as exciting as the actual riding.

He also got some exciting presents, his favorite being a set of plastic gears you can use to build all sorts of different things. The only downside was when my mother had to leave today. He wanted her to move in. :)

I think I'm with you on the travelogue. Bring on Baja so I can pretend April has nice hair and a good disposition. ;)

12:38 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Good luck with the good disposition. I went through the strips over the high school year for April as a part of my Jeremy post, and realized she was cranky in every last one. In the monthly letters and in the strips, there is a theme that April is really not enjoying high school. It is too big for her to know how to get around, she is not making friends, and she doesn't know anyone except the same 2 friends she had before + Shannon. It was quite a contrast from the strips which used to show Gerald, Duncan, Becky and April having fun together. If I didn't know better, I would swear the Lynnions are preparing us for April going to a different, smaller high school.

I know all about grandmothers. My dad and step-mom come into town tonight to stay the weekend, and the last time they were in town, my kids laid on the pressure that they wanted to see them more often. It's good for grandparents to be wanted. I have another set, my wife's dad & step-mom, for whom my kids do not express the same sentiments.

1:46 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Katje, I hold out hope that your son's real name is "Geraprildina."

LOL! We can pretend. I don't want my son to kill me in my sleep one night, so I had to keep that in mind when choosing a name. ;)

Bring on April's mental breakdown. April's letter:

This mental institution is pretty nice. It's small and I can find my way easily. The doctors, nurses, and orderlies know my name. We get our meds at the same time every day. I like the structure.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home