Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Paul in Mtigwaki

I was on vacation during the Paul – Liz stuff in December, so it is nice to be around for his return appearance. Today’s strip left a few items for snarking. It is interesting to be in the situation where I have to restrain a little, because I do not know where the strips are going ultimately. aprilp_katje has to go through this every day, and I have a great deal of sympathy for her position.

qnjones sent a nice message in the Meta Blog that she was not going to be around this week and gave permission for someone else to write Liz. I would rather not do that, since I already have Paul assigned to me and I really don’t like posting back and forth to myself. It gives you control, but it is not much fun for me.

qnjones’ departure has made it very clear to me how much I depend on her for the storyline kind of posts to work. Jeremy is linked to Becky. Howard is linked to Becky and her family. Paul is linked to Liz. All those characters are handled by qnjones. By necessity, I think I will have to discontinue setting up all these stories that no one is picking up and go to a straight strip snark for awhile.

Tomorrow’s strip: Well, this is irritating. Paul has applied for a transfer to Spruce Narrows. This is a pretty clear indication that Lynn has not done any research on the Ontario Provincial Police on the following parts:
1. Policemen have required times that they have to serve at detachments in the northwestern part of Ontario, because it is such an unpopular place to serve in the OPP. Paul cannot just leave Otter County, because there would be no one to replace him. I will be forced to indicate that he has served his required time already, even though the strip has already pointed out that the facility in Otter County is only one year old.
2. The OPP detachments in northwest Ontario are by and large in very close proximity to the Canadian Highway 17 and the bulk of their duties appear to revolve around patrolling their section of that highway. When Paul picked Elly up off the road, it seemed very realistic to me. Although Spruce Narrows is a make believe town, its position on the For Better or For Worse website map, put it about 3 -4 hours drive away from Highway 17. So, Lynn has arbitrarily placed an OPP detachment in Spruce Narrows to get around her originally poor plotting that put Paul so far away from Liz. I hate it when she does that. It is much more interesting to have Liz deal with a long distance Paul.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I'd be happy to do some substitute Liz posting. :)

5:42 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Go right ahead. She had a pretty major change put into her life with today's strip. She is bound to have some kind of a reaction to it.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home