Sunday, February 19, 2006

In Space No One Can Hear You Snark

A very lonely day in April’s Real Blog. Today I did the church thing, 3 services. 2 for me and the Mrs. 2 for the kids in their choir. 1 of them overlapped. Then I went about with my daughter delivering Girl Scout Cookies. That was fun.

The only disappointment of the day was to keep coming back to April’s Real Blog to find there were no updates. It was 2 days in a row with very few comments and although it is somewhat interesting to carry a story between my characters, it is also not very enjoyable. I hope things improve soon.

Tomorrow’s strip: It shows a return to Liz with her carrying groceries. There is a potential for Constable Paul Wright to show up, but I seriously doubt it. It appears to be a Shiimsa-Liz arc, which we have experienced before.

Let me tell how it goes. Liz doesn’t know how to handle her cat. Liz gets frustrated. Liz calls up Vivian and she explains another wonder of cat lore. We have seen this plot with Liz on at least 2 occasions before, and the beginning strip has all the earmarks of another repeat into this time-honoured bit of humour.

I hope I am wrong though. I would love to see the “Liz visits Paul’s parents” story, which is probably slated for March break, when Liz has a little time off from school. I am convinced what they originally had planned was for Liz to stay in Mtigwaki and meet Paul’s parents over Christmas and then April would visit Liz over March break. Somewhere in there, they changed up Christmas to bring Warren back in to resolve that story. That left the “Meet the Parents” scenario with no place to go except for March break. That’s my guess. However, if that is the case, then this Liz story is going to run for weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Howard, thanks so much for almost single-handedly keeping the storylines going yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't get to post more--we had company, and that ate up most of the day/evening! After they left, I was beat. . . .

Sorry to have been remiss with the love on your Liz storyline, Laura--I've really been enjoying it, and I did intend to post love on it. Sometimes I forget you don't telephathically pick up on my love the way Liz picks up Shiimsa's thoughts. In any event, today's entry is meant as a major shout out to you and your Liz snark. :)

5:44 AM  
Blogger howard said...

There is something about my Blog that is inspiring apologies. Sorry, I will have to be more uplifting in my future Blog entries.

12:46 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I'm sorry my Blogs are making you apologize so much in my Blog.

5:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home