Thursday, February 16, 2006

The End of Avery

A-girl Avery has been put in her place in the pursuit of Jeremy, so I can lay that plot to rest. I am not sure where to go next with Jeremy. When I had a girlfriend in high school, I did not have any classes with her (she was older), so I would see her at the beginning of the day, sometime during the day around lunch, and then I would call her after school. On weekends we would go out, if it could be arranged with our extracurricular schedules. I was thinking that April's Real Blog used to spend more time on school stuff, so I might head back in that direction. The stories with Jeremy and Howard are fun, but they do have a tendency not to include the star of the show.

Constable Paul Wright returned home to Otter County to begin another series of distance posts with Liz. I suppose this will mean that the good constable will be on the receiving side of the Shiimsa posts, which might be interesting to play off, but tricky. Unlike April, Paul has direct access to Shiimsa, so it cannot go too far with him, or he may be forced into action.

Howard spent his evening pretending to look for a phone. Howard is tricky, because I have not found a good way for Krystle to manipulate him and then to do it differently every night. It will make for a nice running gag, but I have not been satisfied with the way it has gone the last 2 times. I need to make Krystle smarter, so Howard does not catch on.

Tomorrow's strip: After 4 great strips, tomorrow's strip laid an egg. John states the obvious and April comforts him by telling him he is a good parent. April can play him like a fiddle. Join us for next week's strip when John realizes that April has hit puberty and wants to talk to her about the birds and the bees. Then after that the sky is the limit, John could realize April is in high school, or realize that she works an afternoon job with grownups, or realize she's taller than she used to be. Actually that last one could be difficult, since she is constantly changing heights.

1 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Heh--or John realizes April has a boyfriend! ;)

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home