Saturday, February 25, 2006

Just You and Me Kid

Today was another day when it seemed like it was just me and aprilp_katje. I like snarking on the For Better or For Worse strip and the venue that April’s Real Blog provides in doing the snark as a little Blog fiction, however, today it felt like I was writing for just aprilp_katje. I don’t know if anyone else even reads this stuff, other than the people who post to it. I prefer larger audiences to smaller ones. In a large audience, people feel safer and more comfortable and are much more likely to laugh. With a small audience, it makes me feel like I have to work harder to get a reaction, which is usually not good. It strains the humour.

As I know first hand, comedy is not easy. It is a lot easier to write, “Meet you at Horny Tim’s” than it is to write about something funny happening at Horny Tim’s or even worse to write about something funny happening at Horny Tim’s that somehow relates to the For Better or For Worse daily strip.

Fortunately I have one other writing partner than aprilp_katje, and that is Lynn Johnston. She has been providing sterling stuff this week for snarking. I know it is feast or famine with Lynn, and more often than not, famine. However, I must say I appreciated this week, Lynn. Keep it up.

Tomorrow’s strip: Liz has an orgasm. But why?

5 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Liz has an orgasm. But why?

The insanely devoted, undivided attention of a man makes her hot. But only right after he leaves. ;)

6:03 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Oh, also, the loneliest days are the ones when it's just me. So big thanks to you and all your characters for making ARB considerably less lonely! :)

6:05 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Liz could have one of those slow reaction things, like where the guy gets the joke hours after he was told the joke.

4:01 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Heh--and poor Paul will have driven off wondering why his best moves elicited no response. ;)

4:48 PM  
Blogger howard said...

It will be the story of his life with Liz. No wonder he is so aggressive. He's probably just kind to get some kind of reaction.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home