Wednesday, September 07, 2005

In the Jailhouse

An anonymous person very familiar with Canadian assault law has given me much information in response to my last Blog post. I appreciate it very much. I am anxious for Howard to get off with a fine and little to no jail time, and still be somewhat representative of what would happen in the justice system. Howard’s ability to snark is limited if he has to spend a lot of time in jail. To do this, I introduced the idea that Howard can plea bargain with information that he has gained from his dealings with the infamous Mayes family. From the standpoint of April’s Blog, the Mayes cannot actually be arrested for being the Godmother and Godfather of Milborough crime, since it will never happen in the For Better or For Worse strip; but it might provide a means for Howard to get out of his legal problems with just a healthy fine. Hopefully, the anonymous person will tell me if that will work within the boundaries of Canadian assault law, or suggest some other way for Howard to get out of his dilemma. If not anything else, doing this character is proving to be educational.

mst3k4evr posting as Kortney has to take a break from posting in order to spend time doing a job search. So, Howard is going to continue on without Kortney for awhile. qnjones who posts as Becky really wants them to be married, and become the anti-Pattersons, but I want to give mst3k4evr time to come back and dialogue with me for the courtship and marriage, if it comes to that. Also thanks go to aprilp_katje and qnjones for keeping my own stories straight with Howard meeting Becky’s dad for the “second” time. My poor feeble brain is no match for theirs.

Next: Howard out on bail

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Howard is definitely on a roll lately. His posts are consistently cracking me up. I love the way you are turning the conventions of the strip on their ear.

Agreed about keeping track of things at ARB. I am going to have to start piecing together some guides. :)

4:57 AM  
Blogger howard said...

The part that urked me about forgetting Howard's prior meeting with Becky's dad, was that was my story that I made up. You would think I would remember my own stuff.

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home