Monday, September 05, 2005

H&K in Sin City: Part Trois

In a comment to Howard’s Blog, qnjones said, “I actually think it could be quite hilarious to have Liz's and April's abusers fall in love and get married. They could return to Milborough as the Anti-Pattersons.” This gave me the idea for having Kortney try to trick Howard into marriage at the Chapel of Love, which was the high point of my posting today, for me at least.

Kortney’s crying reaction after the Chapel of Love was based on a real-life experience that happened to me. Some years ago, I went on a movie date with a woman at a mall. We were getting in the car to leave and talking about the movie, when she made a comment about how she thought most people were bad, and were good only when they were forced to. Thinking I was getting into a philosophical discussion, I countered with the idea that most people were good, who occasionally made mistakes and as a consequence did bad things. At this point, the woman started crying really hard and telling me something. She was crying so hard that, like Howard, I could not understand a word she was saying. I tried giving her a hug, or holding and patting her hand, and she refused all those motions. So, I ended up sitting there, looking attentive, nodding occasionally, and hoping that at some point, she would put together some sort of a coherent sentence. She went on so long, that all the cars in the mall had left and we were all alone. Eventually, a security car drove by and started heading our direction, and that provided the end to our conversation. Some time later I found out the woman already had a steady boyfriend, but was known to cheat on him. I had not known this when I asked her out. I do not know if anything she said to me that night had anything to do with him.

4 Comments:

Blogger howard said...

I thought about having them get married, but I knew Howard wouldn't take it well to be tricked like that, once he figured it out. He's been tricked a lot over the last few weeks.

5:19 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I enjoyed this sequence, too. Thanks for the backstory on the crying. I guess Kortney might have fallen under the spell of "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas." :)

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going have to stop being Kortney for a while. I am starting a job search and won't be able to partcipate as much as I'd like. To compensate my absence, it can be written in the story that something happens to her while with Eric and she ends up in a coma. When I'm ready to come back, she can be out of the coma.

If you still want to have Howard go back to Milborough, though, then it can be written that she goes in the coma after they go back there. I'm positive that you'll come up with something good. :)

7:10 PM  
Blogger howard said...

mst3k4evr (Kortney),

Oops. I did not read your post here until after I had already posted my Kortney and Eric story where she doesn't end up in coma. I have set up Kortney making a decision about whether or not she will go with Howard back to Milborough. It would make sense if she didn't want to come back, since she doesn't like it there and Howard did not agree to marry her. How about, Kortney stays in Las Vegas and you can bring her back from there, if you so choose. Good luck with the job search.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home