Thursday, August 25, 2005

The conspiracy is ended

With these evening's final post on the April's Real Blog, I took the Howard Kelpfroth character away from his connection with Lawrence and Nick and ended his association with the conspiracy I had adopted to explain the bizarre Elizabeth / Anthony story that played out in the For Better of For Worse strip a few weeks ago. I was getting tired of the conspiracy thing anyway.

Q.N. Jones, who has been doing an admirable job doing Becky and Gerald, suggested they we could do a "letter from the slammer" series, if LJ decides to incarcerate Howard in the September family letters. I think this is an excellent idea, although I am not sure how the logistics will work out, if I we both start posting as Becky reading Howard's letters. I also must admit that I get a little jealous of / vicarious thrill with Howard every time Becky calls him sweet. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to jail. Howard will no doubt meet some of Milborough's more nefarious characters and get their warped perspective on things.

But until that happens, Howard has an opportunity to move around the Foobiverse a little bit, and not be so tied town to observations linked solely through the conspiracy to assault Elizabeth. This will allow me to develop Howard a little bit before he gets locked away in September and maybe I will even get to write something someone finds funny.

5 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

If Howard does go to the slammer, maybe he could still post to the blog as himself because he has one of those customer-service jobs that gives him computer access. There have been some news-magazine stories about how people filling orders for mail-order catalogues are often prisoners. Just a thought. :)

7:41 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Your suggestions are good. I am waiting for September to learn the ultimate fate of Howard. I think I have changed the Blog to allow comments from everyone, but I am not very experienced with this stuff.

11:17 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Yup, your change in the comments has worked.

I've added your blog to April's blogroll. :)

11:25 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Thanks for adding my blog to April's blogroll. It is kind of freaky to see it there, knowing people may actually read it.

8:18 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

YW. :)

Freaky, but fun, too, I hope!

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home