Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Leak of Confusion

Since the 3-31 strip was leaked yesterday, I felt confident that there would be no disparagement of Warren during the course of the party, but we are not one day into it, when Warren pops off a thought balloon lusting for fashion models. This is hardly a relationship-breaker, or Grandpa Jim and John Patterson would be divorced from their frequent leering at women; however, if you compare Warren’s thought balloons with those of Anthony (lusting over his memories of kissing high school Liz) and the spoken admiration of Paul Wright for Liz during the good days with him; you can tell Warren is on shaky ground for the long term. The real question now is whether or not Lynn Johnston is going to give us in the days until 3-31, motivation for Warren to act like the “Flying Now” fool over Elizabeth agreeing to see him again in a week. I would wager the answer is “not”. The two of them do not appear to be the least physically interested in each other, and to say Liz’s conversational skills leave something to be desired would be an understatement. She is like the Liz-bot. “I am so glad you could come with me tonight…tik…tik…Warren.” “Jo…tik….tik…has shot some of the best-known….tik…tik…models.” Even on 3-31, she is “I am too. I had a nice time.” She has the blandest, most generic and noncommittal lines imaginable. Somehow Lynn Johnston has gotten the idea that “nice girl” = “boring girl”. Fortunately in real life, that is not true.

Someone on the FOOBiverse’s Journal revealed that their local newspaper had printed up a strip from the future about Mike fumbling over making a speech at the party. I expected it would be in Wednesday’s strip, but that was not the case. At least one strip is going to be devoted to Mike, and I will probably spend my time, trying to identify the background characters from the Who’s Who in the FOOBiverse. I am anxiously waiting to see if Fiona Brass makes an appearance, since she is my favourite.

Tomorrow’s strip gave me the distinct feeling that Anthony Caine is not going to show up at the party. It’s early yet and he may appear, but after Liz / Anthony gatherings managed to occur regularly without any mention of Paul Wright, I think Lynn may do the same for Warren, where he does not see or is not mentioned to Anthony Caine. This would be another opportunity missed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice reference.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home