Tuesday, January 30, 2007

From Worse to Better

On Today’s For Better or For Worse, the curious thing about Mike was why he was only looking for apartments in his old neighbourhood. The obvious answer is to try to revert to his old life as much as possible. Then I tried to find something to mention for Jeremy Jones and Howard Bunt, and they were more of a problem. I related Meredith’s question of when she was going home to an incident I made up in Jeremy’s life and basically said that Meredith’s situation was not unlike spending time with an alcoholic, womanizer, who screamed a lot.

I thought it was an amusing comparison, and researching the Meredith perspective I realized if Mike and Dee really wanted to keep things mainly the same for Merrie and Robin, Mike would be taking Meredith to her Jr. Kindergarten and Robin to Ardith Narayan’s place in Toronto on his way to work. It occurred to me that Meredith and Robin getting shunted off to Connie Poirier’s for ½ a day every day, would be even more confusion in their lives. Of course, this is yet another perspective not considered by Lynn Johnston in her plotting.

Howard’s story was mainly to point out the Michael was cheap and there was no way he was leaving Elly’s place, unless he was forced out.

Tomorrow’s strip: $25,000. That would be a nice 10% down on a $250,000 house. The extraordinary Patterson success finally lands on an actual Patterson for a change. You know in some respects, it’s too bad the strip is going to end in September, because we won’t be able to see April get all her university expenses paid for becoming a veterinarian, just because she’s a Patterson. Me personally, I am simply waiting for eeknight to unload on this one. I know of no one better to snark this one than he.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

$25,000. That would be a nice 10% down on a $250,000 house.

Today's strip pisses me off so hard. As if anyone would want to publish Michael's self-indulgent Sheilblecch drivel.

3:54 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Oh, quit your grousing. We all knew this was coming. The only questions were:

1. How outrageous would the sum of money be?
2. How little effort would Mike have to put into editing his piece before he got a contract?
3. How much of a difference would there be between the letters version (I have been submitting chapters all along. I risked my life in the fire for the last chapter, much to the disapproval of my wife and mother.) to the strip version (I submitted my whole smoky copy at one time after I risked my life to rescue it and by the way, Deanna didn't say one critical word to me--Hah!)?
4. Would we get to see any part whatsoever of the publishing process, with which Lynn Johnston must be familiar with all those publications she has done?

I must congratulate Lynn Johnston. I actually thought it would be worse than this. I thought Mike would get a million dollars and stick his pinky finger to his teeth.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home