Saturday, January 27, 2007

I Bet He Still Likes You X3

In today’s For Better or For Worse, April functions in her usual role of pretending to be the overly-inquisitive younger sister who is overly-interested in her older sister’s love life. Even though we all appreciate April making fun of the close-mouthed Elizabeth Patterson, it makes me wonder why no one is similarly interested in April’s love life. When April first started dating Gerald, back in 2003, Elizabeth was interested in whom Gerald was, but after that time, no one seems to be interested in April and Gerald, including April and Gerald. They kiss once a year, but other than that, they have the passionate teenage instincts of a long-since-fallen log.

There wasn’t much I could do with that. So, I concentrated my efforts on a line aprilp_katje had thrown Mike that Elly Patterson was amazed Mike didn’t know the phrase “speed freak” and chuckled with April over Mike’s ignorance. I am not sure if this is the exact direction aprilp_katje wanted to go with it, but it obvious that (1) Elly would never make fun of Mike and (2) Elly would have no earthly idea of the drug user connotations of the term “speed freak.” After all, Elly and John huddle together in fear of dangerous information on the internet. So, I figured aprilp_katje was setting April up for a take down, and I was happy to oblige using Mike as the medium. It was a fun little sequence between me and aprilp_katje.

The only other thing around is the ongoing plotline between susannamoodie and the_berserker, which appears to be a sequence ultimately leading to their respective characters of Zandra Larson and Duncan Anderson breaking up. the_berserker hinted that April went into a bathroom after Zandra Larson who was upset over something, and of course my mind immediately flashed to the Gym Jam sequence, where April went in a bathroom after Becky McGuire. So, I used that for Jeremy to give April a little criticism.

Tomorrow’s strip: Proof of Elly’s martyr syndrome and the fact she doesn’t do all her screaming indoors.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I dunno, I suspect that Lynn is well aware of the meaning of "speed freak," and that she'd have Elly know, since she likes to imagine that she and Elly are both pretty hep. But who knows? And I just sort of liked the idea of Elly seeing a flaw in Michael for a change, but don't worry, she'll go back to thinking he's perfect again.

4:26 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Sorry. I didn't realize you were intentionally doing an Elly character change. I thought you were setting April up.

6:18 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

No problem--your way makes sense. :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger howard said...

OK. I'm glad it worked out then.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home