Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Toilet Humour Part 1

In today’s For Better or For Worse, Robin speaks for the first time. I didn’t believe it could be only the first time either, but then I went and checked back through the strips, just as Mike and Dee did in my Mike post, and it is, in fact, the very first time he talks. The next question in my mind was why is Mike so distraught over having lost a sock, so I concocted his favourite socks using my usual “Mike and Weed” indirect relationship reference.

So, I’ve read tomorrow’s strip and I am not sure where this plot is headed. I thought we would be going down the Mike’s novel route, but it looks like Robin’s need to go is going end up with Mike visiting someone else in his apartment building. We haven’t seen Weed and Carleen in awhile, so they would be good choices. You know, maybe Mike visits and finds that they are going to get married, or Carleen is pregnant, or Weed’s parents have died leaving him a fortune, or finds they both smoking pot or are drunk as skunks and Mike is embarrassed his son has to see his friends like that. There are all sorts of possibilities. But with Mike the theme is always, “the Kelpfroths are evil” or “I need to move”. So I expect we will be visiting one of those two ideas.

For the Howard Bunt trial, I decided to launch into the defence witnesses, since I have no idea and the strip has given me no idea about the other victims of assaults by Howard who would called by the Crown, except for the mysterious untestifying Howard relative I set up as cousin Kayla in prior weeks. I had to answer the question, "Who in the strip would be called by the Defence?" and first up was Ross, the only person at Lakeshore Landscaping to be mentioned by name in the last 3 years, when Nelson was mentioned. I know Nelson of 3 years ago doesn’t look anything like the guy with glasses who wanted to punch Howard out last year, but I figure he has simply suffered as most males do in Milborough, with a change in appearance over time. This gave me an opportunity to scan over all the Lakeshore Landscaping strips and yes, Elizabeth Patterson is the only woman to be featured. Some may say this indicates she is a strong and unique individual to hold her own among men. I say it means all the men are gay. Looking over the Howard attack strips also made me remember how much Anthony touches Liz just after the attack. Over a year later, and it still creeps me out.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I hope we get some sort of payoff from today and yesterday's toilet strips. But I fear and I don't dare hope. ;)

3:45 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I don't expect any kind of payoff. Mike hasn't given us a payoff since the family moved into the new apartment. All his plotlines have stagnated since then into ugly repetition.

4:31 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

True that.

6:28 PM  
Blogger howard said...

As predicted. Tomorrow's strip is back to good old-fashioned Kelpfroth hate.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home