Saturday, June 17, 2006

Will the Real April Please Stand Up

To Tell the Truth. That was a fun show. I don’t know if it would work today in the land of the internet, but I enjoyed watching D-list celebrities guess the identities of someone with an unusual occupation.

Today on April’s Real Blog, aprilp_katje had a master stroke of inviting characters to mock her or her family. This is actually very much out of character for strip April, and not so much for ARB April, who mocks her family every day. That got Mike Patterson going, and it was his theme for the whole day, on snarking the differences between ARB April and strip April.

Shannon Lake snarked Grandpa Jim’s bizarre sense of humour. The “Well. Well. Well.” joke is very old. My late grandfather told a lot of jokes in his time, and he never, ever told a death joke, to my knowledge. He liked the kind of jokes you would find in Reader’s Digest 30 years ago. In the meantime, in the absence of qnjones, I decided to push the Becky / Luis story forward a bit.

In the meantime, I decided to go with a Jeremy / Eva sitting staking out Zandra Larson’s house for Duncan Anderson plot. Then my kids got back. My boy has been attending a summer camp for kids with Asperger’s Syndrome for the last week and I expected to be joining them this weekend. As it turns out, my wife hates the rental house and she decided to drive back home for the weekend and return to the rental house next week, in the hope that the owner will have satisfied some of her grievances about the place in her absence (dishwasher won’t close, closet door off, and swimming pool full of dirt). My boy hadn’t been on a computer all week, so I dutifully handed it over and thus ended my ARB posting for the rest of the night, until now, of course. It was lucky I did, because his Neopets were starving to death. In any case, my departure allowed susannamoodie and the_berserker to write their versions of Duncan and Eva in Zandra’s bushes, and I decided to do one of my favourite things that I have not gotten to do in so long, which is to take a story someone else wrote and fill in my version of it from a another character’s perspective. Thanks, susannamoodie and the_berserker.

Tomorrow’s strip: April is looking forward to her inheritance. If we are lucky, it will be a spin-off strip from this one called, For April or For Art and Story that Couldn’t Be Worse.”

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

When I was a kid, a family friend was on To Tell the Truth. So we of course knew the outcome, but it was fun watching the other two people impersonate him. :)

4:31 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Cool. The best I can do is that a wife of a co-worker was on Jeopardy when they had that guy on that kept on winning last year. Needless to say, my co-worker's wife lost. But it was interesting to hear her talk about having to change clothes when they shot two episodes back-to-back, to make it look like the days had changed, even though they had not. In Jeopardy, half the challenge is getting used to the buttons.

8:45 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

A friend of mine from high school was on MTV's Win Ben Stein's Money. He did not win Ben Stein's money. :)

9:24 AM  
Blogger howard said...

That show was tough. Even sitting in the comfort of my home, many times I would not win his money. My only other game show experience was when I was very young and we were on a vacation to New York City and I talked my dad and then-step-mom (different one now) into going in to be part of the audience for 2 filmed episodes of $100,000 Pyramid. The whole process was fascinating to me.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home