Thursday, April 27, 2006

Take Your Kid to Work Day

It was that day at my workplace. My girl was old enough to go for the first time. She had been fuming in jealousy at my boy last year. This year, they tried to relate math to skateboarding and made the mistake of asking the skateboarders themselves to describe how what they did related to math. Let us just say, professional skateboarders do not have even the slightest idea how skateboarding relates to math. I was extremely amused by most of the things they said though. It was akin to asking Shaggy of Scooby-Doo fame, how solving mysteries relates to math.

In any case, the best I could do before I departed was a Jeremy snark on today’s strip. The only feedback I got on the cessation of the Jeremy Jones and Dirne Aufkleber relationship was positive that they should cease, so that is the direction we are headed, but with a few bumps in the road on the way. Jeremy’s relationships before have ended at the request of the woman before, and since this is different I will play with it for awhile.

When I got back from kid-related activities, I was surprised to find a single additional post to my original one, so I popped off a few to continue some storylines along.

aprilp_katje goes back to work on May 1. This means that there will be no one actively responding to posts tossed into April’s Real Blog during the day. If this was back last summer, this would have been a problem, because there were many posters firing off stuff all day long. But the primary posters these days have been firing stuff off in the early morning or late evening, so I do not see any difficulties at all. I had hoped for renewed interest in ARB when Anthony reappeared, since he stirred the pot on virtually every For Better or For Worse community out there, but this did not prove to be the case for ARB. What I suspect will happen is that we will continue to see a small number of posts per day, and as a result, longer running stories.

Tomorrow’s strip:
John and the Bushwhacker, sitting in a tree. The most affection we have seen from John for anything outside of April, is for his old car. The guy just gets creepier and creepier.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

The most affection we have seen from John for anything outside of April, is for his old car. The guy just gets creepier and creepier.

No joke--his little goodbye in his head today is truly creepy. Hope you like what April does with this in today's entry. :)

LOL on Shaggy relating math to solving mysteries. "Well, dude, solving mysteries makes Scooby hungry, and when Scooby's hungry, we need a lot of Scooby snacks. So, like, we have to add them to his stomach!" ;)

3:23 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I loved what you did today with John and the Elly reaction. Also, you could also write for Shaggy. The actual skateboarder lines were, as an example "He put his board on the pipe and the pipe has a radius."

6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home