Sunday, April 29, 2007

Relay For Life

Friday night, I participated as a Boy Scout parent in the local American Cancer Society’s Relay For Life fund-raiser. The Boy Scouts were responsible for putting up luminary to guide the path of the relayers. The idea is the usual, getting someone to pledge money to you for your participation in the relay. The tricky part is that it goes on all night from 6 pm to 8 am the next day. It was quite a bit of fun, with a DJ playing all night long, and a lot of other activities, including an appearance by Ronald McDonald, whom my boy saw for the first time live and in person.

I ended up staying up the whole time. There were quite a few high school kids participating and much of the situation was like a giant slumber party held in a local park. I observed many teenaged girls and I am happy to report that not one of them had a hairstyle like April Patterson. Actually, observing the teenagers in general over that period of time, I came to realize that April Patterson, with her constant whining due to her housing situation or Becky McGuire; compared to these girls kicking a soccer ball, throwing a football, throwing a Frisbee, running around and giggling all night long, and teasing or flirting with some of the Boy Scout boys; is a pretty depressed and depressing teenaged girl.

After it was all over and Boy Scouts cleaned the place up, I went to drop in a few lines at April’s Real Blog, and found myself passing out at the computer. I decided I needed a little rest first. 10 hours later, my boy woke me up and said it was time for dinner and then they wanted to watch Spider-Man 1 on Cartoon Network with me, since I had spent the whole day sleeping. So, no April’s Real Blog comments from me today. Sorry.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Hey, no worries. Today's post is meant to give you some areas you can hook into and expand on, if you're interested in. :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Hmmm! Some fun stuff to be sure. However, I probably won't get to them until after church.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home