Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The Return of the Blanket and Boredom

Today in For Better or For Worse, Lynn Johnston tries her best to make firefighters look good, with generosity over and above putting out fires. It was telling that the sequence we saw with the return of goods at personal inconvenience, with an attractive man, matched quite well to the Constable Paul Wright / Elizabeth Patterson meet cute back in November, 2005. It tells me that Lynn Johnston actually considered Paul Wright’s travel to Mtigwaki to be a gesture of personal kindness and not the act of a stalker. I had Constable Paul Wright draw the comparison by pointing out the areas of discord in the way the firefighter presented himself to April and how he called his employment and the good constable hinted broadly that there may have been something which happened at the fire to lead the firefighter to believe Deanna was unattached. And of course there was, with the whole scene of her holding her children together by herself, but I was unsuccessful in getting this point across.

Michael Patterson pointed out how washing the blanket was a nice thing to do, but pretty unnecessary due to Meredith not liking the way the blanket smelled. Believe it or not, we have gotten this from my daughter when laundry detergents have been switched. She can tell because the smell changed in her clothes.

Howard Bunt decided to do what I did, which was to look back a year to see what New Years Eve, 2006 was like in April’s Real Blog. There was a huge difference. There were many more participants, and even after everyone else went to bed, qnjones and I got into a posting fest over the Howard / Becky storyline which lasted until 4 am, EST. This year, my kids decided they were going to stay up late, and so I stayed up with them, occasionally taking a break to write posts. I did enjoy getting Howard and Jeremy Jones to both count down to New Years, as it was occurring on the Blog date and time stamp.

I had planned for a Jeremy / April / Jeremy’s future sis outing, but family things came up which pulled me away before it was finished. Sorry, aprilp_katje.

Tomorrow’s strip: April explains about insurance company cleanup crews. Yawn! Then April reminds Liz there is a 10 year gap between their ages. She has led the storyline to Liz, who doesn’t seem to be in any hurry to be packing to go to Mtigwaki, but maybe that will occur this week.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I had Constable Paul Wright draw the comparison by pointing out the areas of discord in the way the firefighter presented himself to April and how he called his employment and the good constable hinted broadly that there may have been something which happened at the fire to lead the firefighter to believe Deanna was unattached. And of course there was, with the whole scene of her holding her children together by herself, but I was unsuccessful in getting this point across.

That whoosh sound you must have heard across the country from me was that going right over my head. My brain did not manage to go to that scene with Dee and the kids only having "each other." Oops!

3:21 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Obviously I did not write it well enough. Oh, well.

5:13 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Aw, don't blame your writing--I should have made the connection. :)

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home