Sunday, December 17, 2006

Where’s There’s Love, There’s No Punch Line

Today’s For Better or For Worse ended the week’s sequence with a Hallmark moment. The idea that the final panel image could or would be on a coffee cup, was basically the theme of my snarking for today.

In my personal life, I sing with the Tucson Symphony Orchestra Chorus and we are in the middle of a series of Holiday Pops performances with guest conductor Michael Hall, who is currently the associate conductor for the Pacific Beach Symphony, but used to be the principal conductor for the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra. I was very tempted to mention to him that Winnipeg was nothing but farm and cattle land, and it could not possibly have anything cultural in it; but I thought better of it.

Tomorrow’s strip: Actually not too bad a strip until April let’s loose with the poor final panel pun on rap music.

3 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Ah, but the entire set up exists for the idiotic pun in that last panel. I like to think I gave April a somewhat decent motive for it. :)

4:33 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Well, then we must question April's motives. Bwah-ha-ha! Hope you don't mind.

7:10 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

LOL. :)

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home