Sunday, September 24, 2006

Totally Confused

Today was very busy and what few moments I had in between events, I seemed to spend answering comments from an Anonymous poster on the FOOBiverse’s Journal, who referred to me as anal. My niece and nephew have the misfortune to have two uncles named by my real first name. My sister (their mother) refers to the other uncle as the anal uncle and me as the weird uncle to her children, so they can distinguish which one she is talking about. For some reason, I don’t mind being called weird, but being called anal set me off on a tangent.

By the time I got some free time at the end of the day, April’s Real Blog had all the earmarks of an anguished aprilp_katje. So, I popped off a Paris Hilton post, using paraphrases of actual Hilton quotes to achieve a certain degree of Paris authenticity. Then aprilp_katje fed me a Howard story via Marjee Mahaha, for which I hope she liked my ending. By the way, Pachelbel’s Canon in D is popular for weddings, but most people in the classical music biz consider it to be very dull.

Today’s strip was just a rehash of yesterday’s stuff, and as I looked at it, I felt myself losing my desire to snark the “Becky is self-centered” storyline one more time.

Tomorrow’s strip really confuses me. It’s almost like qnjones’ Liz post about Liz and Paul being magically teleported someplace is what happened. To see Liz and Paul with each other, touching like they actually like each other, looking like an actual man and woman, makes me wonder what the Lynnions are thinking. To put a strip in here like this, when we know in almost exactly 3 months, they are going to pull them apart to put Liz with Anthony, is just mean. But mean in a fun way. The people who only read the strips are going to say, “Well. I guess that Michael Patterson was wrong about Paul’s heart straying after all.” Then if it ends up being Anthony, they are going to feel so surprised.

2 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I found today's strip jarring and confusing too--it's so out of the blue. But I guess the Sunday-only readership won't notice. They live in a disjointed Sundayverse. ;)

I loved what you did with Marjee's hints and the Paris Hilton post was perfect. :)

4:46 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Thanks for the compliments.

A Sundayverse is a possibility. I seem to recollect that during the grandpa Jim gets a scooter strip that John was actually there with Elly visiting grandpa Jim, something I remember only happening during Grandpa Jim's most recent birthday in the dailies.

And there was the Sunday where April called Liz in Mtigwaki in the middle of the night and complained about all these things going on in her life (except the zits) that we had never seen or heard of in any other place, including the monthly letters.

I'm leaving now to go spend the day with one of my good friends from my childhood, whom I only get to see about once every 3 years, because he lives in a remote location and doesn't come to the mainland very often. This means no snark from me for while. Hopefully the other ARB posters will pull up the snarking slack.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home