Sunday, September 17, 2006

April is not an Animal, She's Really Elly, Jr.

Today in For Better or For Worse, April regressed, as Elizabeth basically gave her “If you do the work, instead of complain about it, then you will be pleased with the results” advice.

On the personal side for me, my girl got her 3rd grade Bible from church today and my boy officially achieved the rank of Tenderfoot Scout in the Boy Scouts. Unfortunately for me, both these events occurred at exactly the same time in completely different locations. It kept me busy most of the day.

When I wasn’t busy, I added in my usual round of characters. The funniest thing of the day in April’s Real Blog was eeknight’s list of potential jobs for fugly April, but the sequence I enjoyed the most was aprilp_katje taking my Mike Patterson suggestion that April’s emotional reaction is her following in Elly’s footsteps (or rather scream-steps), and having a nice, cute, awww moment between April and Elly over the idea.

aprilp_katje’s Eva Abuya and my Jeremy Jones re-established themselves as somewhat together and working on the homework theme of today’s strip, but I have a strong feeling, considering tomorrow’s strip features Eva at school, with Duncan noticeably absent, that Duncan is going to appear and we may have a lovey-dovey scene between the two of them on his entrance. What I am really hoping for is the payoff on the way the monthly letter for April was written, so when Duncan appears, we have a lovey-dovey scene with Duncan and Eva, and then April has a thought balloon wondering why she feels jealous of Eva. That would kill.

I wonder if susannamoodie is interesting in Jeremy Jones and her Zandra Larson dating?

8 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I'm glad you liked the "awww" moment--it was a fun little thing to write. :)

4:08 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I usually enjoy moments where the Patterson family express some kind of affection for each other, which almost never seems to happen in the strip anymore. If they can express affection and snark the strip at the same time, that is a fine moment in ARB to me.

6:47 AM  
Blogger Zandra Larson said...

So far, Zandra's still seeing Duncan, since Eva seems more wrapped up in sharing lunches with Ger and April than going after Duncan.

2:22 PM  
Blogger howard said...

OK. From the Eva and Duncan perspective, it sounds like you are only going to go with it unless there is some sort of overt demonstration in the strip. I agree it is possible it may never occur, since the strip seems reluctant to even show April and Gerald as together, when they have been dating for over 3 years. I will consider aprilp_katje's retcon of her September monthly letter to stand.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you that your latest Aldo Kelrast post to Mary Worth's blog had me laughing out loud for several minutes. I actually started to snort. Frickin' hilarious!

6:47 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Thanks. You have been doing really funny stuff with Mary. I often wish I had a place to love on it, and the unknown posters who post there.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a Mary Worth Meta thread on my qnjones Live Journal. I've often wished for some conversation there! We can take the mutual love-fest over there. :) I'm thinking of making a link, but I dunno.

11:50 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Excellent. Now I know where to go to shower you with love.

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home