Sunday, September 10, 2006

Iris Chooses Another

Today in For Better or For Worse, Iris accidentally mistakes another man on a scooter for her husband. I was briefly stumped what to do with this until aprilp_katje posting as Marjee Mahaha points out that Becky takes Jeremy Jones out to the park to do a Public Display of Affection in imitation of the one Howard and Marjee did. My brain turned on the idea that more than one couple might want to imitate Howard and Marjee, so I derived this whole sequence in imitation of the strip, where the women of the couples doing the PDA keep dragging off the wrong guys. For the good constable, I used the same situation to snark about the physical similarities between Gary Crane and Paul Wright. It was pretty ridiculous, but not much more ridiculous than the idea that Iris wouldn’t notice she was walking off with the wrong person.

Tomorrow’s strip:
Liz and Anthony united by their common bond of Howard hate. It’s interesting that the emotionally flighty Liz, during the last time we saw her with Anthony, has progressed to the more comfortable with Anthony, Liz. Not so comfortable her last line is spoken out loud and not in a thought balloon. However, this is the first conversation the two of them have had which did not involve the idea that they wanted to be together, but couldn’t, since I don’t know when. Since before the Houston Chronicle archive, which goes back to September, 2001 anyway. We are steaming right along to a Mike and Deanna kind of storyline, except instead of a car accident, we get the trial of Howard Bunt. Expect attraction and guilt feelings to follow. Then the fatal visit of Paul at Christmas which will match Mike calling Rhetta and finding out she is on a date.

4 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I loved the musical partners in the park and the Gary/Paul confusion! Both had me LOL! :)

Today's strip? I hate it! Hate Anthony! :(

4:04 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I'm glad you liked the musical partners posts.

I share your Anthony hate. As for today's strip, at least Anthony and Liz weren't hugging each other really close and talking about how good each other was, which is what I expected. I am beginning to wonder if Liz is ever going to bring up the fact she has a boyfriend to Anthony.

7:04 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

I am beginning to wonder if Liz is ever going to bring up the fact she has a boyfriend to Anthony.

I know! She really should have brought this up during (or before!) the test drive at Gordo's Emporium. Just what are you waiting for, Lizzie?

2:54 PM  
Blogger howard said...

I predict it will happen right after Anthony grabs her and goes for her boob.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home