Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Liz has a Brand New Ride

I got to amused again with April letting Liz know how out of touch she is with her family and her in particular. But my main effort of the day had to do with a plot I formed in my head involving lumberjacks. I was delighted to find the Saskatoon 2006 Exhibit included lumberjacks, because I have always loved the Monty Python lumberjack song. I decided to add references to the Spam sketch, because it included, among other things, Vikings and singing Vikings at that. It was too irresistible with all the Viking stuff qnjones has associated with her character of Thorvald McGuire.

The other idea that occurred to me was that I could tell the story in reverse chronological order by having Howard tell the second half first and then follow it with Jeremy Jones telling the first half second, and that would explain how the situation in the second half got set up. I was quite delighted by the idea. I decided to also focus on axe-throwing, which is a repeat of an idea I had previously used, but when I was at the Boy Scout camp, they had axe-throwing, so I was inspired to bring it up again. Throwing axes, by the way, are quite a bit lighter than axes used for chopping, so it is from this I got my inspiration to make Brynja, the lesbian Viking consort have a nice, small set of pink, throwing axes.

As for tomorrow's strip, Liz is surprisingly cruel to April. I expect my characters will take her to task for it.

5 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

Loved the lumberjack and spam stuff. And more delicious hints about Howard's past! :)

5:08 AM  
Blogger howard said...

aprilp_katje,

When you caught onto my original references to pressing wild flowers and buttered scones, I knew any other Python jokes would not be lost on you. It so nice to snark with a young lady so well versed in all the right kinds of humour.

6:45 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Oh, and Becky? She's "on the road". She's doing the Heritage Fest in Rocky Falls and a bunch of other summer community gigs. She's got a CD out and she sent me one. It's good. She's doing really well, but I wouldn't want her life. Her dad is her manager (they fight) and Jeremy J. is still doing sound and lighting. She's seriously into this. I keep wondering how she's gonna do in school.

Oh my god! This has got to be a majour shout-out to the touring storyline.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my God! Total shout-out! :)

9:40 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Yeah, Stephanie! I will have to add the Heritage Fest in Rocky Falls to my list of tour sites.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home