Saturday, August 12, 2006

Adjusting To It

Occasionally in For Better or For Worse, the dialogue will be so stilted, it calls out for imitation. So, most of what I did today was take today’s dialogue and imagine how different characters would fill in the same spaces Elly did her outstandingly awful self-speechifying way. Aside from that qnjones as Becky dropped a line about how lucky she was to have Howard, and so I decided it would be fun to press that point with Becky and her relationship with her 2 not named boyfriends (afternoon and evening).

Tomorrow’s strip shows that we are in the midst of filler strips or coffee table, marketable strips. My hope is that on Monday we will be back to a storyline, hopefully visiting April, so aprilp_katje no longer has to live in fear of a colliding storyline between the strip and what she would write about April in Winnipeg. It certainly would be better than a strip about Elly and John’s love life. For the two of them to flirt with each other is a flashback to old FBoFW. The last time I have found Elly and John being genuinely affectionate to each other was in 2002. Tomorrow’s strip is a stark contrast from today’s strip, because the artist has decided to draw Elly as feminine for a change. I could adjust to that change of Elly’s.

8 Comments:

Blogger April Patterson said...

I think maybe one of the Lynnions saw your comment about the lack of physical affection and brought it up at one of their Mt. Foob strip-planning commitee meetings. ;)

4:34 AM  
Blogger howard said...

It would be nice to think I had that kind of power with the strip. Usually the shout-outs we get are in the monthly letters from our buddy Steph.

6:49 AM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

BTW, I'm glad you understand why I'm not doing Winnipeg stories, even if Mike doesn't. Though I have to admit, his goading can be slightly frustrating to me, since I am in that situation. ;)

9:43 AM  
Blogger howard said...

I can shut down old Mike on that topic, if it is disturbing you too much. We don't want an irritated continuity goddess, after all. Let me know.

4:06 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

Yes, let's please have Mike chill on that topic--it's in my head a bit too much when I write the daily entry! Thanks. :)

5:12 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Oops! Just read your response. I apologize for my most recent Mike post. It will be the last one that touches on the subject.

5:41 PM  
Blogger April Patterson said...

No worries--I enjoyed your nod to the heroine-on-the-railroad-track reference at Foobiverse. :)

5:52 PM  
Blogger howard said...

Yes. I steal my ideas wherever I can.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home