Monday, October 01, 2007

Colonoscopy

My wife had a colonoscopy today, and so I had this foolish idea in my head that I was going to be sitting around the house today writing things into April’s Real Blog as she slept. That did not end up being the case. It took quite a bit longer than I had anticipated, and it was not too long after I got my wife home and finally settled into sleep that I had to go pick up my kids from school, and get my daughter to her horseback riding lesson. I promise to try and do better today.

Much to my surprise, yesterday’s Deanna reminiscence did not lead to a story about her youth, but led to her taking back over the discipline of the children from Michael. I should say “discipline sort of” since she still allows Meredith to throw the destructive bear about, as long as Meredith picks her targets carefully.

We do know the Deanna history story is coming. With the arrival of Elly Patterson on the scene in the final panel of today’s strip, I suspect now that Elly and Deanna may be the narrators behind the Deanna story, Lynn Johnston has long promised us.

4 Comments:

Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said...

So, that means we're in for Deanna and the Mommy she wanted get together and diss the one she had. Mean ol'Mira, not letting Deanna do what she wanted to when she wanted to do it. Why couldn't she be a real Mom like Elly and do nothing.

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howard,

I hope everything is all right with your wife! I didn't think you two were old enough to need routine colonoscopies. Course, I suppose I'm not one to talk about being old enough to need anything : ) I can't tell you how many times I've been told, "You're too young to have that!"

I hope she's all right!

Adrianne

11:05 AM  
Blogger howard said...

dreadedcandiru2,

After Candace and Liz smacked down Thérèse, I am looking forward to Elly and Deanna smack down Mira. I think they can reach heights of condescension Candace and Liz could only dream of.

5:15 PM  
Blogger howard said...

adrianne,

The doctor said my wife's colon was perfect and she is good for 10 years or 60K miles. You are right she is not old enough by doctor standards, but she has a good family history which qualified her for the test. Her mother has had 3 different kinds of cancer cut out of her over the years.

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home