Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Watch Your "Wait"

I had a third theory about Deanna Sobinski yesterday. My third theory was that Deanna Sobinski is mad at Michael for missing her farewell party and for not asking her to wait for him. I thought the idea was ridiculous. Nevertheless, as it turns out from today’s new-run in For Better or For Worse, my ridiculous theory may actually be the correct one. Deanna is (hopefully) talking to the girl beside her about her move back to Milborough, and not just talking to herself. I find that I must correct some dialogue though. Deanna says, “Then, my dad’s old boss said he missed him an’ asked him if he wanted to be the manager of a big, new hardware store an’ my mom said “Yes”! Then my dad’s old boss told him the big, new hardware store would be in Milborough an’ my mom said “Hell, no!” Dad decided to take the job anyway."

As for the spitting, we will perhaps see tomorrow why it is that Michael is the victim of Deanna’s saliva. In the meantime, that “BLARPFFFFTTT” is a little too close to “BARF” for my taste. Unless, of course, Lynn is trying to let us know that Deanna is barfing on Michael. That’s possible too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Clio said...

In the meantime, that “BLARPFFFFTTT” is a little too close to “BARF” for my taste.

I thought the same. Lynn's very fond of those raspberries and I can't remember her drawing sound effects quite this repulsive with one before. On the other hand, this strip proves that Deanna is old enough to choose her mate; she reacts the same way to a boy she's annoyed with as both Liz and Elly do.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

this strip proves that Deanna is old enough to choose her mate

Guess it's about time for Annie to be asked by Mr & Mrs Caine if she can look after their little boy a couple of afternoons a week.

11:42 PM  
Blogger DreadedCandiru2 said...

The problem I have with this is, of course, that Deanna resents Michael for not being 'there' for here and has held on to that resentment for six months; what is more, my fear is that she will somehow use his explanation against in the resolute belief that a sullen refusal to listen to reason is the same thing as firmness of character. We saw the same horrible thing when I first delurked and Liz whined at Paul and it's the same horrible thing that makes Elly flap and honk. That means that Clio is right to assume that she's old enough to choose her mate.

2:42 AM  
Blogger howard said...

Clio,

On the other hand, this strip proves that Deanna is old enough to choose her mate; she reacts the same way to a boy she's annoyed with as both Liz and Elly do.

They are part of the Sisterhood of the Spit. When the spittle flies, it’s man-picking time.

11:00 AM  
Blogger howard said...

forworse,

Guess it's about time for Annie to be asked by Mr & Mrs Caine if she can look after their little boy a couple of afternoons a week.

That would be hilarious. I really hope Lynn does that.

11:01 AM  
Blogger howard said...

DreadedCandiru2,

The problem I have with this is, of course, that Deanna resents Michael for not being 'there' for here and has held on to that resentment for six months; what is more, my fear is that she will somehow use his explanation against in the resolute belief that a sullen refusal to listen to reason is the same thing as firmness of character.

If it’s reasonable, it’s not a Patterson.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home